Message board has been moved to the new server, if you are having any issues logging in please contact a club officer.

We are happy to announce our partnership with Ham Radio Prep (http://hamradioprep.com) enter the code LVSRA for 20% coupon on any license or bundle. This is good for the license preps and “like our logbook and league at www.WorldRadioLeague.com.”

While we love giving you a break on prices, this will also help our organization by giving us a little (20%) every time the code is used. So You, we, and Ham Radio Prep all benefit from your patronage.
As we find more ways to provide benefits to our members, we’ll be sure to let you know what we find.

TECHNICIAN CLASS - APRIL 2021

This is where announcements for Upcoming Classes and Training will be announced as well as request/discussion for any kind of ham/tech/emcomm etc... training. You don't have to be logged in to view this category.

Would you be interested in attending a Technician or General License Class?

TECHNICIAN
No votes
GENERAL
No votes

Total votes: 0
N3WTA
10+ post club
QTH: Cornwall

TECHNICIAN CLASS - APRIL 2021

Post by N3WTA »

The LVSRA is pleased to announce a TECHNICIAN level HAM RADIO CLASS
Preparation and Test for FCC Amateur Radio Technician License
April 10, 2021 (0800-1600) – April 11, 2021 (0800-1200) FCC License Testing (12:30-3)

Class will be held at the Friendship Fire Company
610 South 2nd Street, Lebanon PA 17042

No Charge for the class* (There will be a $14.00 FCC License Testing Fee)
Come with an open mind, pen and paper. We discourage the use of smart phones, etc. in the class except for emergencies. Please put on vibrate. A simple calculator and a windows PC are useful.

Contact: Wade Achey N3WTA at training@lvsra.org Pre-registration is strongly encouraged as seating is limited. Please provide a phone number and email in the event of a change and to receive a study guide. Upon passing the test an FCC license is usually issued within a week. You will need a government issued photo ID for testing.

A GENERAL level license class is being considered for late summer-early fall 2021.

Wade
N3WTA
RonnieLynnFisher*54

Re: TECHNICIAN CLASS - APRIL 2021

Post by RonnieLynnFisher*54 »

hello newbie here I am very interested in being in your class,my cell number *** *** **** I do take tex messages.
my email,,, ********************* thank you :mrgreen: Ronnie Lynn Fisher
AB3WX
Site Admin
QTH: Tower City

Re: TECHNICIAN CLASS - APRIL 2021

Post by AB3WX »

RonnieLynnFisher*54 I forwarded your contact info by email to N3WTA.

I'm hiding your phone number and email address on the post to protect you from internet bots that look for emails and phone numbers for spam calls and spam emails on publicly visible post (ones that are visible without having to log in) It's not just our message board it's any publicly visible media platform even social media these things search on (areas like our "hidden" forum categories and your profile are basically safe from them since they can't see it since you have to log in to see the info and these bots do not have an account on here) but on this one and the contesting one are both publicly viewable that don't require a log in to see the content and does post a small risk with these annoying spam bots that search the world wide web to grab your info.

By the way welcome to the group.

In the mean time some extra training material that helped me years ago is.

Hamstudy.org (Practice test and flash cards)

Ham College on Youtube (they go in depth on the different questions I think episodes 1 to 33 covers tech 34 to 70 something covers general and extra they're still working on)

Gorden West has books and audio cd's that are a great help as well.